Find out more about MST.
Mid-Sussex Timber was established in 1929 by R D Waters; it remains a family business. His sons Tim & Simon then took over in the 1980’s & are still active in the business. It is currently between the second & third generations with his Grandson Alex running the day to day business as Operations Director and his Granddaughters Cara and Tiffany part of the team.
The first branch to open was East Grinstead in 1929. A second site opened in College Road, Haywards Heath in 1933. In 1966 the site of approx three acres in Forest Row was purchased. This branch is the Head Office and also the main base for the very large stocks of Timber and Panel Products that are all stored under cover. The fourth site is in Crowborough and commenced operating under the Mid-Sussex Timber name in 1994.
Mid-Sussex Timber is a direct Importer and one of the largest stockist of Timber in Sussex; specialising specifically in Softwoods, as well as a wide selection of Hardwoods, Panel Products, Doors and Window Frames.
Recently our East Grinstead branch has been restructured and modernised with a comprehensive showroom stocking a wide range of products for the needs of both professionals and DIY. There is also a rebuilt ''drive-thru'' Timber store with up to date sheet cutting facilities.
The Forest Row site, 3 miles south of East Grinstead, has modern milling machinery capable of producing any profile or bespoke moulding.
We also stock an ever expanding range of Building Materials. From Aggregates in either 25kg or bulk bags, to bricks, blocks and lintels, cement and plaster, drainage accessories, manhole covers, paving slabs and much more.
We would be delighted to welcome you to any of our branches and to see for yourself, our extensive facilities and comprehensive stock ranges.
We are members of the Builders Merchant Federation (BMF) and as such pride ourselves on adhearing to the BMF Customer Charter. Full details in respect of this can be viewed below.