MID-SUSSEX TIMBER CO. LTD
WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
WHAT Personal Data Do We Collect and WHEN?
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our customer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events, or use our site.
This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and delivery, invoicing address;
- personal details including gender, residential address, date of birth and purchase history;
- payment or credit card information;
- images, photos and videos;
- Marketing and cookie preferences.
- Social network information, including credentials and any information from your public posts about Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd or your communications with us.
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information; and
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags.
WHY and HOW Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Site and Services You Request
When you use our Site, we will use your personal data to provide the requested product or service. For example, if you make a purchase on Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd.co.uk or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion. If you contact our customer services, we will use information about you, such as delivery or payment information, or the product you have purchased to help you resolve a problem or question.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
When you consent, we will send you marketing communications and news concerning Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd’s products, services, events and other promotions. You can opt-out at any time after you have given your consent.
If you are an existing customer of Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd products or services where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted-out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information. We may use the information that you provide to us as well as information from other Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd products or services - such as your use of Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd’s Site, your visits to or purchases made in Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd stores, your participation in Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd events and contests - to personalise communications on products and services that may be interesting for you.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we use that information for accounting, audits and other internal functions. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our site.
To Protect Our or Others' Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Site and services to understand customer behaviour or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd.co.uk search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organise and present product offerings in our shopfront.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
To process your personal data, we rely on certain legal grounds, depending on how you interact with our site.
- When you purchase Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd products from our Site, we need your personal data to fulfil our contract with you. For example, we need your payment and contact details to deliver your order.
- We also rely on other legal grounds, such as our legitimate interests as a business, to comply with a legal obligation, or to protect your vital interests.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd’s Sharing
Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd shares your personal data with:
- Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd entities for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above.
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features. When using third party service providers we enter into agreements that require them to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
- to any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of Your Personal Data
Encryption & Security
We use a variety of technical and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
Retention of your Personal Data
YOUR RIGHTS Relating to Your Personal Data
You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iv) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. These rights are not absolute. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you like would to request a copy of your personal data or exercise any of your other rights, please contact us using the contact details in the “Question and Feedback” section below.
Opting Out of Direct Marketing
If you have a Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd account, you can opt-out of receiving Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd’s marketing communications by opting-out In writing to the email address stated in Questions & Feedback section.
COOKIES and Pixel Tags
Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd collects information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Sites. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behaviour, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via Sites through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
You can always change your preference by visiting the "Cookie Settings" at the bottom of each page of our Site.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd Sites or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Sites and Apps more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
QUESTIONS and Feedback
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Mid-Sussex Timber Co Ltd., Station Road, Forest Row, East Sussex. RH18 5EL
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.